Jun 2, 2009

six months in

It's been a long six months from the day I sat down and wrote out my 2009 new years resolutions. Today being the 2 of June, It's time reevaluate where I am with those.

#1 goal was to have more family time- doing great with that one! Since we are home a good portion of the time we have spent a lot of good quality time together... so much that mommy/wifey is ready to have alone time :)

#2 goal was of course to loose some weight- Well... that has been a challenge. I have gone up and down in numbers for the last six months,but I am still lighter then I was on Jan 1 2009! A fun game has begun with my family. We have paid $25 each into a pot and we are all trying to win! The game rules: June 1-Oct 1. Do what ever you want to loose the weight. Winner- greatest percentage of weight loss. It is based on trust since we are all over the map. I will keep you posted. Isaac is the only male in the contest...We really want to win $$$

# 3 goal was to run a 1/2 marathon- I started out working really hard at building up endurance to run this. By Feb, well lets just go back and look at goal #2... you get it.

#4 goal was to keep a journal.-I consider my blog to be a journal. A place where I can be open and honest. Where I can write what ever it is that I want to write about. I have been printing off my blog and putting it away so that one day when kids are grown... and healthier, they can read the real story about how their crazy mom became the crazy mom.

So now looking at the goals I will tweak them a little bit more so that I can succeed in fulfilling all four of my new years resolutions. P.S. If you see me eating something that is a no-no, you have the right to flick me in the head. But do it soft I am a wuss!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha!!! Flick you in the head... that's hilarious. Don't worry, my resolution was to lose weight too. Joined the gym and everything... now I'm just throwing away $30 a month. Nice. Luckily Keaton is going to join it too so we can start to get healthy when we get back from CA. Oh and I'm sure you'll be happy about this - we're BOTH quitting smoking when we get back too!

    ReplyDelete