Jul 6, 2009

Jonah said Mamama!!!!

What a day! Morgan had swimming lessons again and did great! I am so happy that she is the mermaid that she is. I love the water and it's nice to have children who do as well!

Today was Jonah's apt with his pulmonary doc. Not so good. :(
I actually was able to remember all of the meds Jonah is on. That was good! Anywho, I brought to her attention the nightly battle Isaac and I face with this kid...He won't stay asleep. It's okay for him to wake up now and again but 2-6 times a night is getting to be a little much! He cries I run in, he cries, I run in. He cries Isaac runs in (I had to wake Isaac) then he cries again I go in... you get the point. What does this kid want? Ocationaly he has lost his bink and that's what he is whining about, but for the most part, all he wants is to see one of us...and by us I mean he wants only me! She had the most brilliant solution...don't run in ebvery time he cries...It's funny how I used to know all of this...hmmm
she had a fabulous out line of catering this sleeping solution. He cries, I wait 3 minutes... I go into his room check on him and leave. No talking , holding, rocking or feeding. She even said not to find his bink for him! When I asked why she said "there is no reason Jonah can't find it himself." True true. I have become the enabling mom! AHHHHHHH! Jonah has not mastered that special skill of self soothing. For many many months I have ran back & forth from his room to mine checking on him with any whimper, peep, cough and beep.

Tonight it stops...If I am strong enough to handle the tears and the cries coming from his room. The whole plan takes about 4-7 days to go through, but I have been promised that by day 4 there has been an 80% effective rate. I was also promised that day #2 is the hardest...Yay for me! I am so sleep deprived that I have made phone calls I don't remember making, I have sworn up & down that an astroid fell into our side yard and I have been a lazy crazy mama! It has to stop! Tonight is the begining of a new way of life...you feel me? Good.

Jonah has started a me...Yes he sounds like crap once again. This is an inhaled anti biotic. He started it tonight and will continue it for the next 14 days along with his boost of oral antibiotics. I am actualy pleased that this is what we are doing. Surprised by me? I know. The docs first option was to addmitt him for a "clean out." We compirmised. Jonah will do all of his meds + the increased and new med for 2 weeks. We will then go back in and see if he sounds any better. If he does we're good, if not ...well it looks like he will be visiting with some of his nursing buddies on the IMSU!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jessica, I so know how you feel!! Josh has been like that since his G-tube was put in. He is sooo flipping attached to me it is unreal! I have started to work on the sleeping thing too, but I never went in his room with all his night wakenings... only if he screamed bloody murder. He moans and whines alot allll night long. None of the doctors have given me any idea of why he moans and whines all night... but I no longer go in there for it. I was a walking zombie... more so than ever then. I hope it works out for you. And it does get better, just give it a couple nights and you'll see it getting slightly better. or maybe he will just get over it pretty fast.

    I really hope the inhaler/oral antibiotics does the trick. I don't want you to have to do another clean-out up at PCMC. Not fun!!! I will be keeping you guys in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete