Sep 28, 2009

Update! Update! Read all about it!


It's been a rough start! But I am finally feeling better about things. Keep praying for Jman and sending positive thoughts my way. I can't even tell you how much they really do help. yesterday Jonah's lips started turning blue. I was glad that it happened here so the nurse could see what I have seen on a daily basis. (however this has not occurred for a little while now) She wrote a not on Js acart and when his pulmonary doc came in she went over some things with me. So, in some twisted way its a good sign that his lips are turning blue...follow me, Jonah comes here for a 'clean out' during this time he his pumped full of antibiotics that kill bacteria that is growing in his lungs. He has 3-5 treatments a day, each one lasting about an hour. He then gets his normal respiratory treatments (and by normal I mean everything we do at home) the combo of the two; the antibiotics and the RT starts moving mucus around. Jonah doesn't cough so it cant really clear like it should so it floats and starts clinging to what ever it can and sometimes it gets stuck in certain places until he can 'move it up, and clear it.' SO its good because we know that this treatment IS working for Jonah.

I am still waiting for the Dr to confirm some things but it looks like his lung disease has not increased! I will write more when I know more. His Dr seems to be pretty happy about the way it sounded in the little key note that the radiologist had written in the computer. She will view the CT today and look at both (the first one from Denver) and compare. I'm very anxious to hear.

Isaac turned 33! I can't believe he is well...OLD!I reminded him a couple time of how lucky he was to be married to a cute twenty something year old.

I am trying to stay positive but living in a hospital, missing family time, missing Morgan and her oh so cuteness is very wearing. I haven't been myself but I am trying so hard to be a pleasant person. This life style is wearing and frustrating. I asked J's Dr to estimate how much longer he will be doing clean outs for and her answer didn't surprise me, "years!" she said.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!!!! That is great. I am so glad that even though life is not perfect... he is holding his own. Good for Jonah! I am praying for him to continue to do better each day while there. I hope you are making it OK. Let me know if you need anything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. Keep 'em coming. I hope this time passes quickly. Fyi, 33 is not old :))) But I agree that it is odd to think of Isaac as being 33. I find the aging process very odd. Lots of hugs and love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad things are going somewhat better!! And that picture is freakin adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SO AGREE WITH YOU......IT WAS A VERY BLESSED AND "LUCKY" DAY THAT ISAAC MET YOU........
    AND JONAH IS A BLESSED CHILD.......MY HEART IS SO FULL OF YOU JESSICA......YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN A LIFE THAT IS FULLER THAN MOST .......AND YOU ARE COPING BEYOND BELIEF.......XXOO

    ReplyDelete