Jan 31, 2010

I love to blog. Through blogging I have found other blogs that I read quite frequently. I have been able to connect with other "Medical Mommies" who's children have different illnesses then Jonah, but as mommies we are on the same page. As Mommies, we have dealt with great & not so great doctors, we live "different" lives then those with "normal" children, we have had to fight for our children and watch them struggle and fight just as hard. It's strange how comfortable I am around others who have children with illness. There is an unspoken word of "yeah, I know, I get it." There is not stares, not offensive questions, there is really no need to explain. We just get each other. We celebrate our children's success and we pray and wish for the best when things just aren't going how we would like them to go. Its a special connection & one I would not be able to endure with out.



This is Jaxson


One of the blogs I follow is a little guy named Jaxson. I have posted about him before on my blog. I read his blog regularly, and this morning as I read it, I just cried. Jaxson is back in the hospital. He also is a regular at PCMC. His mom and I have crossed paths unknowingly a few times at the hospital. I finally got to meet Jaxson at his birthday party. I have been following his blog for the past year and have been inspired by his & his families determination to keep pressing forward. Perhaps this is why I am so sad that he is back in the hospital.They are so diligent about him and his life. I look at this precious boy, and I just feel connected to him. (Besides the fact that I think him & Jonah resemble each other), I look at him and think of how close J was to receiving some of the same hard ships that Jaxson has endured and little Jaxson and his mom just keep going.

I ask that you will pray for this family. Jaxson has been through so much in his short 4 years of life. Please take a second and read his blog, I know you will be touched by the words his mom writes. Then go and hug your own babies, and feel grateful. I hope you are all having a wonderful winter day, I will post again soon. Big news to share!

http://jaxsonsfight.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Jessica,
    I have been following Jaxon's blog for about 6 months now. I was so heartbroken to hear he is back at PCMC. I have been amazed at all he has overcome and the love this family has. I didn't realize you went to his birthday party. How fun!

    ReplyDelete