2 years ago today Jonah was brought into the ER at PCMC. Little did I know then, that our lives would forever be changed. He had caught RSV at only 13 weeks old. I was so new to the medical world, I remember excusing myself while they threaded a long suction tube down his nose to suck out mucus, to help him breath. Little did I know I would one day own that machine and would be expected to do this on a daily basis. Jonah was admitted and thats the begining to his stroy. After 3 failed sweat tests and one failed genetic testing Jonah and I went to Dr. Deterding a pulmonary specialist and there he was diagnosed with having non CF-Bronchiectasis. This is only the lung disease of Cystic Fibrosis.
Ironically Jonah is sick again this week. He went to the dr where the dr suspects that Jonah once again has RSV. The dr had said that if J never got the Synagis shots, he would most likely be back in the PICU. Looks like we've dodged a bullet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

WOW! THat is hard to believe it's been that long, but also that you are that far out. Jonah is an amazing little boy and you are an amazing mom and friend. I hope that you find the peace you need and he gets well soon. I know how taxing it can on you... so let me know if I can help in any way!
ReplyDelete