May 4, 2010

Sick Sick & Sick!

Morgan had stomach flu Sunday to Monday. Poor thing! She is such a trooper when she is sick. No tears, just lot and lots of snuggles. I'm so glad she is feeling better, and her Happy self is back in the game.

Mr Jonah is still sitting on the sidelines. Yesterday he was breathing in a weird pattern and coughing tons. I suctioned him a lot and was pulling out very small but hard secretions. I called his pulmo Dr and we upped one of his meds.

This morning I went him to wake him and he was struggling to get air. I sat him up, gave him treatments then suctioned him. I could not believe my eyes! Jonah had filled at least a 1/4 of a cup with mucus! He went blue... I'm talking blue(okay, more gray)every time I threaded the tube down him. Then each time he inhaled he would go into a coughing fit. I was in over my head, so I brought him into the family doctors office. I'm so glad I did. When we got there they hooked him up to get his oxygen sats and he was bouncing between 86 & 88. He was already on a high amount of O's but we bumped him up higher. We were there for an hour and in that time he was given another treatment and the pulmonologist was called.

The Pulmo and the family doc decided to try J on some different meds, one of them being a high dose of Dexamethason for the next 4 days. Jonah will go in and see the pulmonologist tomorrow afternoon, I'll keep you posted on that.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes, what is that boy doing? Tobi seems to have made the most difference in Jax, yippee! It sucks because its the longest neb I've ever done and it takes so much time to do. Because I can't just put it on him, I have to hold it!
    Tell Dr. Phefer we said hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness..... Jessica! I hope that the new med makes somewhat of a difference. I can't believe how hard Jonah has had it this past year. I hope he can get back to his normal soon. Let me know if I can help you with anything. I have been thinking of you a ton lately. How are you doing??

    ReplyDelete