May 18, 2010

Today I have learned of yet another fellow blogger dying of Bronchiectasis. I would be lying if I said it didn't upset me. No I did not know this person, Though I have read her blog a few times and I had great hope for her...She had a double lung transplant, I always thought of a transplant as being home free, but I am hearing more and more stories of organ rejection, though I'm not sure if that's why she passed or if she died due to RSV. It's so sad.

Please don't let this stray you from being an ORGAN DONOR! It's so important!

I just got an email from Primary children's hospital, Jonah will be admitted on Tuesday for a couple procedures. This of course means he will be intubated and back on the respirator. Just typing that word I can here the loud noise that comes out of that machine. (yes I have some PTSS from round one!) I am a hot mess when ever I start to think about it. I wish it could all be avoided, but it can't. He needs to be Bronched and he needs to have some tissue biopsied from his esophagus. I have HUGE hopes that we Will have more answers by the end of next week. Oh and maybe he will be able to start drinking liquids again?!

WHY IS JONAH GOING BACK TO THE HOSPITAL SO SOON?
Well...He did not respond well to his last clean out that was done in April. Since then he has been sick a few times, and is has way to much mucus. The pulmo doc, (as am I) is hoping that she will find bacteria that the IV antibiotics did not kill, if this is the case then she can better treat him with a different IV antibiotic in the future. If she does not find anything, well then were up a creek with a sick Jonah. This is pretty much my worst fear. As long as we can maintain J's lung disease with these clean outs and daily medication, the hope is that we will stay on top and not allow his lungs to create more damage, if his lungs are just getting worse for no apparent reason then we have a huge problem with no answers in which case we will go back to Denver Children's hospital.

I am going to stay positive that all will go as planned and that the dr will find that dirty little bug that's making my boy so sick. I will keep you posted on all of it.

1 comment:

  1. The first time Jax was intubated for a procedure after his long, horrible stay, I was terrified. But I think you might be pleasantly surprised that he extubates ok. Its not always a horrible, long hospital stay!

    ReplyDelete