Sep 17, 2010

Just wanted to share...

SIDE NOTE> Ok weird, I logged on to write and blogger has changed. There are some cool things, but then there are also new changes that make it confusing and I don't function well while being confused.

And now, here's something you'll really like




I was just in the beginning stages of coming to terms that right now life sucks, I mean really sucks! Then..........

My phone rang!

No it wasn't extreme makeover or Oprah or at this point Jerry Springer! Alas it was Kristin! Yes, it was Kristin bla bla hyphenated something. She called and I picked up. This is a miracle due to the fact we have been playing phone tag for a month now. Kristin is the head of the preschool at PINGREE. So, I chatted it up with her only to learn that now the waiting list is closer to 1.5 - 2 years out. Crazy! I asked her tons of questions to see if this is even the right direction I should be taking Jonah knowing that its such a long wait, and then the curtain was pulled back and she revealed to me top secret information.

Ok, maybe not top secret, but definitely not information that was ever given to me.

Pingree offers a part time, M-Th 8-11am preschool class for kiddos who have autism or PDD-NOS. I believe this is the "Expanding Horizons Child Development Center" There is still a waiting list, but Kristin said Jonah will be able to get into the class by January! I am so happy. All of a sudden 52 lb of mud fell off my chest and I can breath. I have a plan now in place! (FYI~ this is a total phychotic/mama bear/ VIRGO thing, but I need direction at all times in my life at this point or I am coocoo; I have whiteness's to this fact.)

Funny how one change in your day (like picking up your phone) can get you back up in the saddle again and ready for a new ride.

1 comment:

  1. Of course I knew this! Pingree is my all time favorite place, and I'm telling you I've seen miracles in that place. Many miracle children!

    ReplyDelete