Jonah had a follow up appointment with regards to his RSV that he caught a week and a half ago. Today his follow up was with his pulmonologist. I went into the appointment with lot's on my mind and very little of it had to do with the RSV. He was the doctor's last appointment for the day so I got lot's of time to discuss random worries that I carry daily in my heart and in my head. When we left the appointment I felt like I could think with a clear head instead of the brain I have been using for the past year. Most of my questions were answered. Some answers I knew, but didn't want to face, but I got answers to questions that have been keeping me up at night. I feel good. Great doctors are hard to find...I feel so lucky that the one I found for Jonah really cares about him and she let's it be known. As a mama, this means the world to me. I wish all his doctors, therapists and teachers were sucked into the charm of Jonah.
Jonah will be admitted again in March (per my request) for his quarterly clean out. During his clean out he will receive IV antibiotics once again thru a PICC line. If there are no veins available (which is what I am assuming will be the problem from the history of his November PICC placement) he will have a central line placed. He will continue to have his vest treatments and inhaled meds like at home only with people who keep him laughing and entertained.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are so amazing, your strength brings tears to my eyes....joy tears and sad tears and all kinds of tears. Jonah is so blessed to have a mama working so hard to make his life better!You are an example to us all! XO
ReplyDelete