Feb 18, 2009

Things may be looking up!

We got Jonah's labs back. They did not read the way we had hoped. Jonah's pulmonary Doctor agreed that it was time for a second opinion. She is referring us to a well renowned hospital in Denver, Colorado. It is a research hospital by the name National Jewish research and medical center. Nationaljewish.org The hospitals main focus is Immunology and respiratory. Jonah's doctor has many In's there and feels that there will be great communication between her and the other doctors. The process of an out of state referral through our insurance is a long drawn out process that may take up to three months. Jonah's Doctor called me today, letting me know she faxed the first step of paper work. Although this is frustrating I know that there will be an answer when all of this is over... Yay! I just got a phone call from the specialty hospital in Denver. They still need to get the okay from our insurance but the woman I spoke with said that I will here something soon. She also said that he will most likely be going through the out patient facility, the stay will be at least five business days. She also mentioned that we will be able to stay at the Ronald McDonald House (phew, that cuts a hotel price in half then in half again!) I am trying to stay positive although I am very scared. I guess my biggest fear is that something else could be going on, on top of what we're dealing with. Honestly though, all I want is an answer, a real diagnosis and a cure... Really, is that too much to ask for?

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I have some questions about RSV for you. Could you email me at: NevillesLostToad@gmail.com please? Or I can try to get on google talk later today. Marshall is STUFFED UP big time and coughs if he runs or jumps (which he always, always does!!) My GOogle chat id is NevillesLostToad too I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and good luck with National Jewish. Keep in touch with Rhonda. She has so much experience. She'll tell you what it was like.

    Sorry for confusing names. I use Anita Nap as a pseudonym because I'm sick of my family telling me there is nothing wrong with Marshall. They tell me..just feed him, he will eat! Oh gee, thanks. Never thought of that over the last FOUR YEARS!!!

    Hang in there. You'll make it through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, that's so great you get to stay at the RMH! We couldn't because there are 8 of us and because it was a 2 week program we had to all go (nobody to watch the other 5 kids and hubby HAD to come to tend my nursing baby while I was at the hospital all day with Ben-long story but we got a discounted hotel so not too bad!)

    Anyway, fundraisers: Our ward helped us do a benefit car wash. Hubby had business contacts and we did a big rummage/bake sale with a raffle. The raffle was the biggest money maker. We ended up raising a couple thousand dollars and it paid for hotel and the initial medical bills while hubby's company paid for our flight and rental car. It's something where you have to be vocal and go to businesses you frequent to put up fliers, enlist help of everyone you know.

    You'll at least save some $ eating at RMH-luckily our hotel had free breakfast and dinner mon-thurs so that helped our big family. Also NJ gives free tickets to the Denver zoo for patients and their families so plan that while you're there. They do other events at times too. Make sure to ask!

    Here's my email when you'rs is up and working again

    RhondaLue30@yahoo.com

    I'm so happy you'll get this chance to have the TOP EXPERTS evaluate and treat your son. I hope it's as successful as our visit was!

    ReplyDelete