Apr 16, 2009
Take It or Leave It...Ill take it!
Today is apponitment day! Our family expieriences one of these crazy days once a month at least. Among the appointments today was another trip to the not so fun, fun Clinic. We were in the waiting room forever! The MA came out and brought us back to our closet...I mean room. She had me undress Jonah and follow her down the hall for the big weigh in. DUN DUN DUNNNN. He weighed in at 21lbs 12 oz...not good. (just a side note; most children who go to the FUN clinic are underweight, really underweight! Jonah looks like a beast compared to the other children there.) The MA also had measured Jonah. He grew! Yep, he grew .1 of an inch! He is now 26in. I'll take that! We went back to our room and waited for the nutrisionist and doctor to come in. I was looking at jonahs cute little body. It's sad that this little boy has so many scars. I usually don't see them because I am in a rush to put a onsie over his feeding tube, so he won't pull on it. But looking at all these scars I started a sick game (see what happens when they leave you waiting) The game was: Could I name where each scar came from. The ones on his inner thigh- shots, the 4 on his belly-nissen surgery, the two on his left foot- a procedure gone bad, the few on his hands- IVs, the one on his upper arm- Picc Line. There were 2 that I just could not figure out. Manic.. just a little. Any ways the doctor came in and answered a bizillion of my questions and let me know that they wiil need to decrease Jonah's calories a little more. It seems that all of the doctors/therapists all want to see Jonah off of the steroids. Then perhaps life will be easier for this kid. Hopefully with the help of Denver children's that goal will be accomplished. Well now I am off to have his hearing checked. Wish him luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Ms. Jessica! It was so great to see you and Jonah this morning. Thanks for telling me about your blog. I love it! Good luck with everything!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy Jonah grew a tiny bit. I wish you didn't have to go through the calorie cutting though. It just is not fair to have to do that on such a little one. I didn't realize how much surgery he has had. I really am praying for you guys to get some answers in Denver. GOod luck!
ReplyDelete