May 17, 2009

day 13 at a hospital...help!

I am so tired that now I am in the stages of everything is funny... so funny, though this time around I did skip the stage where I start to invent things and then share my ridiculous ideas with the doctor.(Thank goodness, Dr. Pfeffer might of admitted me)So much has been going on but yet I have long periods of time that I am so bored I don't know what to do with myself. This is day # 13 of being in a hospital and yesterday was the day I needed to just leave. yep at 3:00pm I left and went home 2 hours earlier then usual. I thought I would surprise Mo but when I got home she was in a dead sleep. (Thank you Alex for taking her to the zoo! She had a blast.) Isaac was doing yard work so I decided to get a much needed pedicure. I still can't believe I did that. It was a mother's Day gift from Isaac from last mother's Day! It was so nice to just sit there and get pampered. If it weren't for the jabber jaws sitting next to me I may have dozed off. Ah it was just a breath of fresh air to be carefree for 45min. I later,returned to the hospital feeling so much better.

I don't think I ever posted Jonah's diagnosis, don't continue reading if I did. If you are interested which you should be because it's Jonah, then follow the link, and indulge.

Jonah has a disease named Bronchiectasis.

Morgan is finished with dance until summer. She had her dress rehearsal on Thursday night. It was just mom's mostly for the audience. I was responsible for changing her into all 3 costumes which I did successfully! (I was a bit nervous with all the pinning that was needed) Through the tap & ballet dance Morgan walked on stage in her line and just played with her hair, her panties, her tutu... just in her own zone. It was funny though! Then for the finale She4 went on stage but didn't budge far from the side curtain. I could kind of see her face and it broke my heart. She was embarrassed and did not want to be up there. They ran through the finale routine a 1/2 dozen times and finale I just stood up (disregarding my friends advise) and went back stage and just hugged her. I asked if she wanted to go back out and try it again and she said no. We walked back to the car then stopped and got her an ice cream. She did not want to dance at the recital and that was just fine with us. I want Morgan to continue to dance and have fun while she is doing it. I don't want to put my three year old in a position that she feels embarrassed or uncomfortable in. Though some may feel like I gave her exactly what she wanted...I don't care. She is only three and It was to much for her at the time. We will try it again in summer and maybe she will want to perform then.

5 comments:

  1. So how many more days is Jonah going to be in the hospital?? I can imagine how bored you are getting. I would be so bored that everything was funny too. I hope you enjoyed your pedicure. You certainly deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, Thanks Melissa. I hope to see him discharged no later then Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ONE MORE DAY AND JONAH WILL BE HOME AGAIN......

    I'M SO HAPPY THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO RESCUE MORGAN FROM HER OPENING NIGHT TRAUMA.....YOU DID ALL THE RIGHT THINGS......

    HER DADDY HAD A REALLY DIFFICULT TIME PERFORMING.......HE WOULD PUT HIS HEAD DOWN AND SUFFER.....WE USED TO SAY HE WAS "TURTLEING"...HE REALLY NEEDED A SHELL TO HIDE IN.....

    MORGAN LIKED HER DANCE LESSONS.....MAYBE THE RECITAL NEXT YEAR WILL BE FUN FOR HER....IF NOT....MAYBE SHE WILL WANT TO SING INSTEAD.....
    XXOO I LOVE YOU AND MAY GOD BE WITH YOU..........

    READ THE DX FOR JONAH...SOUNDS LIKE WHAT I GO THROUGH...............COPD....NOT FUN AT ALL.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so welcome! Morgan was SO good... as usual. I'll email you some pictures from the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica you are the best MOM!! You saved Morgan. I would have done the same thing.You are so funny. I cracked up when I read about the second stage you skipped.Love, Wendy

    ReplyDelete