May 23, 2009

Getting Out Of Our Funk





It has been a rough week. By now you would think this family would be use to the chaos that usually follows being discharged...nope.

We decided it would be best if we all went out and did something as a family. I know I really needed to get some fresh air and Isaac needed to get out of his funk too. It was a wonderful idea, until we realized we left the keys in our locked car.
Being optimistic for the most part, we let it roll off our shoulders. I even called a few places to find the cheapest rate. Yes, I sat there in the middle of this barn thing going through the Yellow Pages. The lock guy came out fast. we only had time to feed the ducks and walk back to the car to meet the lock guy(Tod). After we got all that figured out we finished our late afternoon at the farm. We went and visited the horses, the lambs, the roosters & chickens and finally Morgans favorite the cow's. This time the cows that were babies a few weeks ago now are teenagers. They were very moody and talking back. I have never heard cows mooing back and forth, but these cow's were. Morgan and Isaac let the cows give their hands kisses. Isaac had to talk to Mo a few times because she was sticking her whole arm into the cows mouth trying to "brush his teeth." Isaac had Jonah pet the cow for a photo op but what I saw through the lens freaked me out... the cow was gnawing on his hand while chewing grass, I pulled Jonah's hand out and J had wet grass goo all over his fingers...double gross!

We then stopped (broke the diet) and picked up a $5.00 pizza. However I am happy to report we did not even eat the whole thing. We stopped when we were full and through out the rest...not trying to be wasteful but we are really working hard at having only "good for you food" in the house. On that note we are hoping to get our garden in some time this week. We are really starting late this year but better late then never.

I am still waiting for Jonah's CPT vest to arrive. My hand is killing me from doing it manually. His treatments take a long time to give but I try to multi task while giving them. For a day or two he was even holding the nebulizer by himself...now he is bored with that and has started to gnaw on the tubing instead! Yay!!! Jonah is finally breaking in his top two teeth, okay well not breaking in just yet but I can at least see them! We are really happy about this one. Just shy of 19 months old.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's so great that you got out. Back in my law school days, I used to take the kids to McDonalds playground, and they used to play while I studied. We would splurge and get one thing and drinks with free refills! Getting out is essential. Keep getting out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to get out... even when it can be a hassle, huh? I didn't know you were doing Jonah's treatments manually. You are one amazing woman to keep it all together! How are his O2 sats doing? yay for teeth! I hope they come in as fast as possible for his sake. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete