
We were admitted yesterday morning at PCMC. It was a very boring day! Jonah was fine when we got here but when he wanted to get down to crawl around I think reality set. It is very hard to crawl when you are hooked up to a sat monitor, O's and an IV. Needless to say he was kind of unpleasant to be around. I kid you not, he threw a tantrum(because that's what he does now)for a full 4 hours with mild breathing breaks in between. The nurse turned up his oxygen and left the room. Oh how badly I wanted to trade her places! in the evening,I went home for a bit. It was time to put my wife hat and my mom to a 3 year old hat back on, but it was useless. Morgan was upset that I was gone most of the day and did not want anything to do with me. She became best buds with daddy. So Isaac took over and had me come back up to the hospital sooner then I was planning to. I got back up here around 7:30pm When I walked into his room I was a little taken back. There was an RT standing over his crib and it looked like Jonah was convulsing... Not convulsing...they started doing CPT with the vest. Now, Jonah's doctor came in around 5 and told me she wanted to try it, but I thought that meant in a couple days. I should have known better!
Morgan is having a hard time with Jonah being at the hospital and mom being there too. I think she is confused and scared. In the past we have told her that Jonah was sick, that seemed to be good enough at the time. When my friend Diana was ill and slowely dying we made the mistake of telling Morgan that Diana was sick too. So now she knows that Diana was sick and now we don't see her any more, and I wonder if that is why she is so worried about Jonah. Last night Isaac and I changed the story. We have now told her that just Jonah's lungs are sick and he is here to get better so that he can come home to play with her. This morning she repeated the story to daddy. This is a lot for her to understand. Hey it's a lot for me to understand!

Jessica,
ReplyDeleteI don't know how you are doing it! My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am going to be coming up to PCMC on monday for an upper GI test for Josh. If I have time I want to come see you! What room are you in? Can Jonah have visitors? I do have some questions about the G Tube. I wish you the best and I hope you have as good of a mother's day as you can with Jonah up at PCMC. Good luck! You are one amazing woman!
GOOD THAT JONAH IS WITH CAREGIVERS THAT KNOW AND LOVE HIM.....GOOD THAT HE IS BACK IN SLC.....IT WILL BE WONDERFUL WHEN HE CAN GO HOME.......LOVE YOU....VAYA CON DIOS............XXOO GRAMMY
ReplyDeleteDearest Daughter-in-law,
ReplyDeleteYou never cease to amaze me with your grace, strength, humor and devotion. I feel blessed that you are the mother of (some of) my grandchildren and the wife to my only son. Thank you for keeping this blog.
Love,
Doug
is he in his vest>? i so wish this picture showed his cute cheeks shaking from the vibration:)
ReplyDelete