Jun 16, 2009

I tripple dog dare you!

Through all of my Blog stocking I have "met" peoples with Bronchiectasis and or Cystic fibrosis, and there seems to always be one common need... "new lungs."

I have always thought about being an Organ Donor. When Isaac & I were first married we had discussed it and the out come was that we would both be organ donors. Funny thing is, though we agreed to do so we never took any action. This morning I read one blog that really touched my heart. It's about a young teen who suffers with CF. She talks about how her life choices have already been made for her because she is living with this disease, that does have a life expectancy... unless she could have her lung transplant. Today was the day I signed up to be a donor.

The problem: there are too many people on the donor list, and not enough organ donors. In fact, one in four organs that are donated are use able. That is a sad percentage. Unhealthy people (in this case smokers) do not have healthy lungs to give. The recipient would be exchanging one problem for the other.

I am writing this just so you can better educate your selves on the need of organs. If it were your child wouldn't you do anything under the sun for them? I would.
If it came up, that little Jonah needed a lung transplant I would pray my heart out that some one was gracious enough to leave behind the gift of life for him.

Please take the time to educate yourself on this topic. So many young people are dependent on your choice.

2 comments:

  1. Very well put. Scott and I are organ donars and we have even talked to the kids about it. If something were to happen to one of my kids and I had that choice, I would most definantly let them be organ donors. So many kids need organs too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nephew is a kidney reciepiant. My other nephew is a heart recepient. I am a organ donor. I think it is amazing what medical things have come about. I hope new lungs come away when you need them. Hug a DONOR

    ReplyDelete