Jun 22, 2009

the sound of silence (Simon & Garfuncle inspired title)

Ahh! Silence! Both kids are sleeping! Morgan has not fallen asleep for "nap time" in 4 days. She goes in her room and plays, looks at books...and yesterday drew a fathers day picture on the wall for Isaac (I wiped it off b4 he got home). I was beginning to think she was starting to out grow her afternoon naps, false alarm. Today she is sleeping! Jonah does ok during nap time, he just doesn't sleep long enough. Our big issue with him is sleeping through the night. (or lack there of)

Yesterday marked our one week anniversary of Jonah being off steroids. He is doing okay, but has caught a little cold. Accompanying his cold is snot, a cough, some snot, a rash all over his body, more snot, a very cranky kiddo and did I mention the snot? He went into see Dr.P and it was confirmed...he has a lot of snot! But the good news...are you ready?... His lungs sounded good! I will repeat that for those of you who did not get the full effect.

HIS LUNGS SOUNDED GOOD!

Somehow hearing those words make the CPT (30 minutes long, 3x a day) worth it. This is a perfect way to start out a new week....

3 comments:

  1. I hope with them both a sleep that you gave yourself a little time to enjoy and relax a little. You are one amazing mom. I was so glad to see you last week, we miss you guys so much.

    becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Glad to hear that the lungs soung good. Can't wait to dee the little man and Mo again. You are just a amazing person that has such great patients. I look up to you and Idelize the Mother you are. I can't say it enough. Hope you have a great trip to Lake Tahoe. That was so fun when your mom got married.I didn't even really know you all. Heck I didn't really know Jake what we were only in 7 months... Well maybe you'll can come and see us next summer if Johan is good. We have so much we could do with the kiddos down in FL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for Jonah! Maybe you can do this, huh Jessica? I am glad the weaning off of steriods is going good so far. It's always nerve-wracking to make changes. Good luck on your Lake Tahoe Trip!

    ReplyDelete