

We took the kids to my family reunion in South Lake Tahoe. It was a lot of fun and filled with laughs and new memories. We were there from Wednesday to Saturday. A perfect mini vacation! My mom and step dad have a time share there. It is more like a resort so we stayed there for most of the trip. In fact the only time we even saw Lake Tahoe was when we were driving back to Utah... It was a really nice time share. It was so good to see my family and cousins. When ever there are that many woman in one place you can just assume that there will be mild drama. At the end of the day we are one big happy family! I love my family.
Rewind. Last Monday I took J into the doctors and the doctor said he sounded good and that the rash should be ok...remember?? Okay, well on Tuesday morning our home health care nurse came in to see Jonah for a routine check-up. She said that when she listened to him she could hardly here air moving in and out because the wheeze and gunk was so thick. This is how fast this kid can get sick. Against better judgment I took him on the trip. Tahoe has a higher altitude... Jonah suffered. I brought his stuff but the poor guy was wheezing so much! I felt so bad. He has so much snot that we broke out the deep suctioning machine...I hate doing that to him. Now he is sleeping and so far today, no sign of a fever. He has been using more liquids than usual to help keep him hydrated and to prevent extra thick secretions. He will be fine, We have delt with worse! I made an appointment for him to go in and see his pulmonary doctor, it then dawned on me that I never made a follow up appointment after he was discharged...oops! I am loosing it. I need to go and buy a day planner. I don't look at the family calendar enough.
Today was rather exciting thus far. Morgan started swimming lessons. I found a great deal at the rec center. she is signed up for 8 classes. Today being the first lesson she was a little intimidated. It took her a good 10 min of her telling me she was afraid before she went into the water. (people she is not afraid! She is a total fish in the water, I don't quite understand all the dramatics she has been pulling lately.) By the end of the hour she screamed because she didn't want to get out of the pool. Go figure! Anyways she did a great job, and is now taking a nap! She didn't even play or sing first. I closed the door and she closed her eyes. I love days like this. I guess I better go clean up the lunch mess on the floor... I love that the kids are starting to feed themselves but 'cmon...really?? Apple sauce is the hardest to clean off the floor...it sticks to everything!

Oh my goodness! I hope Jonah is doing good. Let me know how the Dr appt goes. It's good you had a good time though, huh? You need a mini-vacation some times. So is there anything else you can do for Jonah? It's got to be hard on you too Jessica! Let me know what is going on!
ReplyDeleteHow was the trip home? Ron and I got our car fixed, I am so happy! We also extended the warranty on the car so now I feel much more comfortable driving it across the desert. I would like to come out the first week of August.
ReplyDelete