I was very inspired last night as I was getting stuff ready for today to wake up early and hit the gym! I drugged myself with over the counter sleeping meds and hit the sack at 8:00pm. I let Isaac deal with Morgans bed time routine as I took care of Jonahs. I fell asleep until about 2:00am when Jonah woke up and all the fun began. Why won't this boy sleep??? Needless to say when my alarm went off at 5am I did not move from my warm bed. I knew I would later have regrets...and I do. I will do better tomorrow...promise!
Jonah went in to see the doctor and he sounds a bit better, instead of his old man wheeze he now has a faint wheeze. I will take him back in 10 days for a follow up. Until then I need to carry on with all of the meds...except the steroids!! So once again Jonah is not on steroids.
Morgan only has one more swim lesson left. I think I might hold off on signing her up again. Jonah has a hard time waiting for her to be finished and I have been taking them both to the big pool. She loves to swim and so does he.
I am feeling a lot better this week. I have taken a key from none other then Miley Cyrus...yes that's what I wrote. I usually turn the station when she comes on the radio but yesterday I was in a daze and then I heard the lyrics and it was like the heavens opened up and sang:
Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking
But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high
There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb
The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking
I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going
And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am so excited you have been able to avoid a PCMC stay .... for now at least. Good news is always the best. Keep me updated!
ReplyDeleteYou go grrrllll... And do your bestest to keep that beautiful Jonah healthy...
ReplyDeleteThe other day my wife said to me, "I can't believe you know the words to those teeny-bopper songs!!!" She asked about a phrase and I belted out, "There's always gonna be another mountain..." Actually -- she didn't know it was Miley Cyrus...
Some parts are a little hokey -- but I liked it from the time I first heard it... It IS the climb...
I hope your beautiful man (and the other one too) lives a long, happy life... I hope Jonah's life is more amazing than mine has been -- and frankly, that is asking for a lot! I'm 49 1/2 and I too have cystic fibrosis...
You take care, Jessica!
Love, Steve
Steve Ferkau
Chicago, IL