First I had a uncomfortable conversation that carried much emotion towards one of my husbands family members.I was in full swing of swollen nose, blood shot eyes, and hurting heart. I got alot off my chest but, perhaps somethings are better left unsaid and unexplained.
Secondly, Jonah had occupational therapy. Two weeks ago,he had an evaluation done that would better help assist him with some delays he was having with his sensory profile.I learned today that The assessment showed that Jonah struggles with auditory processing, and requires more input to be able to process most information. I was asked to try using deep pressure methods and placing head phones on his ears and have him listen to white noise as well as dimming out input in over stimulating environments. I have my work cut out for me;As Jonah will be admitted back into the hospital in September. The hospital is overly over stimulating...even for me!

It is hard for me to see the big picture. It constantly feels like there is always "something" going on with Jonah. It is difficult for me to connect the dots that these are not all independent "disabilities" but they are all, oddly enough,connected to each other. It is just a bit much. Jonah is Jonah. He continues to develop at his own pace and there is nothing I can do to speed it along. As hard as that is for me (the controller, the Virgo) I need to except it, embrace it and learn to deal with it. This may require me to change a lot of my thinking and ways of doing things. I am trying so hard to realize this is not a quick fix illness. This is a life long disease.
On a lighter note we had Isaac's aunt and her family come up and visit with us. They are from Santa Rosa, and making the trek to Colorado where their 15year old son is set to participate in a triathlon. Yes, I said 15! Crazy, I know, he is an amazing kid. I wish him well on his race!

Jessica, I sent you an email on FB, but I just want you to know I am thinking of you and know how you feel... I really do!
ReplyDeleteMY PC GOT VERY VERY SICK.....HE HAD A VIRUS.....AND HE FAINTED......I SENT HIM TO THE HOSPITAL AND HE IS FINE NOW......THEY WERE ABLE TO SAVE MY PIX......BUT I AM NOT GOING TO DO FACEBOOK .......IT LEAVES YOUR INFO OPEN AND CAN CAUSE MUCH TROUBLE...AND MAKE YOUR PC VERY SICK......SO I AM STAYING AWAY FROM MYSPACE AND FACEBOOK.....I'M REALLY SORRY..CUZ FB WAS FUN.....
ReplyDeleteI DECLARE YOU "NOT GUILTY" OF ANY WRONGDOING.......YOU WERE JUST CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE.....
AND REMEMBER THIS......SAC CALLED 2 PEOPLE....HIS GRAMMY AND HIS SISTER.......WHAT IS THE BIG DRAMA TRAUMA ???????? I LOVE YOU.....YOU HAVE PLENTY IN YOUR DAILY DOINGS TO KEEP YOU SOOOOOO BUSY.....YOU DO NOT NEED SOMEONE'S ELSE'S DRAMA TRAUMA.....XXOO