As I drove home last night I was able to see the mountains dusted with white snow. I felt an impression to pull over and so I did. I pulled over for a minute and looked up at those beautiful mountains and a thought came to mind. I have climbed a mountain. I have hit Turin that I have lived through I have hit lakes that I buit bridges over. I have climbed a mountain. As I sat there with tears running down my face, I gave thanks to the Lord. For if it were not for him I would have given up long ago. I now realize how much I have grown as a person. I realize that now I am capable of doing more and being more. I know that God has helped me not move the mountain but climb it.

Though I am not at the top of the mountain yet, I can see the top. As I get closer to the peak I can see that there does not lay a box with a magical cure for Jonah so that this chapter in our lives could be closed, rather there is a promise of hope, support, understanding, patient's and unconditional love towards myself and my family. Though this is not what I wanted this is what I got. Every day when I wake up I know I have a choice. I am so lucky to have close friends and wonderful family who remind me that I am making the best choice for that day.

I so needed to hear this today Jessica!! I love that you were able to have an experience like this one. It truly is what gets us through life, and sometimes just through the day. I think that sometimes I have in my mind that Josh will get over what is wrong with him... and I have to remind myself that it's not like I can shut the book on this chapter and be done with it. It is not going to work like that. I think once you can think that way, life is easier to deal with becuase you know there is not magical ending out there. But the Lord does help us to climb our mountains and provides the strength. You have amazing insight and I am so glad you chose today to talk about it!
ReplyDeleteJessica, I am so proud of you and your ability to be open to the Spirit even through all your trials. I honestly don't think I could do what you do on a daily basis. Jonah is so very lucky he has you as his loving mother. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteTonya
So were you sitting next to me at the computers? I do remember someone next to me with a little boy in a stroller with O's on. Does he have CF. What a small world.
ReplyDeleteI saw little JMan's name added to my angel rest stop. So I stopped by to spread some prayers your way.
ReplyDeleteLove from Pooh's Corner.