Nov 25, 2009

So Much to be Thankful For

When Jonah was first sick I remember feeling like something was taken from me. I was upset at the world, at myself, at my husband, at my work, at the doctors, just anyone who ever was in my life. I was hurt and I was sad.

I didn't know nor could I ever imagine the blessings that were in store for my future. Today I can say that I am greatful, truley greatful for these things:

My family, we may not have it all together, but together we have it all!

My knowledge and faith that my Family will be together forever

My beautiful husband

My free spirit Morgan and my sweet boy Jonah

Being able to stay at home with my kiddos, a place where I know that I belong

Feeding tubes, life suport, blood donors, pulsox machines, portable oxygen, walkers, suction machines, nebulizers and 6 different medications that keep my boy going! Because it's Thanksgiving I will also be thankful to PREDNISONE...however not thankful for the moon face, and stunting of growth.

The wonderful friends that I have...new & old I will always cherish you

All of the warm prayers that are sent to my family, they do reach us...ten fold

BLOGGING! How I ever function before, will continue to be one of my mysteries...

My health, I have been sick once since Jonah came along...that is truely a mighty miracle

Sun Flower Market...another one of my mysteries... I heart you!

All of those special kids who yank at my heart strings, who help me be the best mommy I can be, who show and teach me daily how to be strong...Thank you to all the bloggers who share their child's story and who open their hearts to Jonah

I am so greatful for Jonahs team of medical peeps who continue to take care of him even though he's a tough case, and his moms a nut case

I am Thankful for each day I have to spend with the 3 most important people in my life. I am thankful for the smiles, the songs, the stories, the faces, the love.

I have so much to be greatful for. Each day my gratitude grows as my eyes are opened to how much I have.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you wish that you could remember all those things you were thankful for in your darkest hour? It seems like we forget how blessed we are when life is at it's worst. But there are many things to be thankful for when you have a situation that is difficult. I just have to remind myself what that is! I am so glad I have met you Jessica, you have been such an amazing support to me! You have helped me when I have had questions and you truly understand what I go through. I couldn't ask for a better friend. I hope you have a great thanksgiving and enjoy your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for you as a friend

    ReplyDelete