Jonah and I headed up to the children's with special needs building this morning. We met with an angel. I'm not even kidding. Terri was fabulous! We spent a good 3 hours up there and learned so much. I had the chance to talk with a psychologist about Jonah's behavior. While we were there J was fitted for a helmet and got his new little feeding chair sized to suit him. I will write up a letter this week to have the Dr & OT sign and hopefully Jonah will be approved for his protective helmet. There was one there that we tried on J's head but it was an inch to small. I saw what it does and how it should fit...funny thing is Jonah didn't even mind wearing it. it was so snug I think it felt good smugging up his cute little head. This might be a blessing in disguise! The Angel Terry and I chatted for quite some time and I had a chance to really have a lot of my questions answered. She asked me about Jonahs walking (a sore topic for me to discuss) well, she mentioned a walker. Right away I slammed the idea. I told her there was no way he could do anything like that. Lets try it she said. we tried it and tears filled my eyes.


Jonah was walking!
To see my sweet little boy holding on to this medal chair and moving his feet and body to get to me, aw, it was just amazing! He has been using his walker all day long. He loves it. This is what he needed. I am so thankful for this foundation. I am so thankful for the friend who told me about it.
J. is such a strong boy! I bet he'll be walking on his own in a few months.... He's really cute! Who's he doing? back on O2 i see? =(
ReplyDeletehow are you and Mo doing?
hope everything's ok, great (virtual) hug to u all!!!!!
LOVE it. What a great sight to warm a Mama's heart.
ReplyDeleteWOW AND ALSO WHOOPEEEEE......THE MORE THINGS HE LEARNS TO DO.....AND HE WILL.......JUST NEEDS A BIT OF ASSISTANCE........I WANT ONE OF HIS SPECIAL KISSES.....AND I WANT IT NOW........I ALSO WANT TO TALK TO MORGAN ON THE PHONE.......SHE KEEPS SAYING "NO".....XXOO
ReplyDeleteJonah is so strong. I think it is awesome that he has a walker. He is be all over the place causing chaos. You got to love it. I can not wait to see you guys soon. Miss you.
ReplyDeleteThat's so awesome. I'm so glad he did it. He's so cute. We do need to get together. We are moving Friday, but we still should do it sometime.
ReplyDeleteI am telling you.... those walkers are amazing!!! If you go back in my archives of my blog about a year you will see Josh with one of those. So how did you find out about the medical equipment place?? I am starting to get very frustrated with Josh and his behaviors too. I am sooo tired of having bruises and cuts on my face and arms from his pinching. Not to mention his bruises we got going on his head from banging now too. I am at my wits end. Literally. I am going to have a talk with his therapists when thanksgiving is over. I am sooo done! LOL! I am so happy to see Jonah up and going. It's all downhill from here, LOL!
ReplyDelete