Mar 25, 2010

day four


Day four...not so bad. Jonah took a wonderfully long nap! I even snuck away to the bank and post office and when I came back he was still snoozing! His pulmo doc came in and we chatted a bit about stuff.

Stuff. So the up to date plan... we will do a bronch right before his next clean out and admitt him from there. That way he will have super clean and shiny lungs....okay I dont know about shiny, but clean, goop free? YES! Sounds like a great plan to me! Im sure J will agree.

Jonah started a strange breathing pattern this evening. RT came up and listened to him and he sounded clear but had nasel congestion. I pointed out the pulling under his neck with each breath and she decided to deep suction him. I left the room but when I came back the RT and the nurse were overjoyed with what they pulled out of his nose. I will spare you the details and just say it was a lot of snot! SO now, as I type they are giving him his CPT and hooking up a "bubbler" to his O2. (humidifier that goes through his tubing) All seems to be better now. He is not contracting and is breathing with more ease. I will be going home to catch some zzz's soon, I am hoping for another functional day tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly enough... I know how happy it is to get snot!!! I am glad Jonah had a good day today and things weren't worse. It's good to hear you have a plan of sorts for the upcoming couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica- I think about you and your cute little family often. Where is Jonah going to have the surgery?? I will keep you guys in our prayers. Much love,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete