My my my, what a day, day 3 has been. We were so busy the day just flew bye. Jonah spent the morning in the FYE (forever young zone) we played with a sweet little boy who has CP. Jonah wore himself out so I ended up caring him back to his room for he had zero energy left. A great way to use your energy I might add. I love seeing him happy, its medicine for a mommy's soul.
The pulmonary doctor came up around 7 to discuss the chest X-ray. He does indeed have acctalectasis...(collapsed area of the lung) He also has a tiny bit of fluid in his lungs as well. I can't help but feel sick about this. Dr Pfeffer mentioned that maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have Jonah go back to Denver Children's hospital to look at his FEV1 counts and get a better idea of things. She asked my opinion and I told her I would go, but I would like for her to do another bronchoscopy on him first to see if that does anything. (Bronchoscopy, or bronch, "power washes" the lungs then the goop/secretions are suctioned out) this will require Jonah to be put back on a vent for the procedure. We both agreed that this would be a great first step. The doctor will look to see if she can get him in on Tuesday. If not I asked that we do it in late spring due to all of the respiratory crap that is still floating around up here.
So...that's the summery of day three.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Does Denver have a great CF clinic or something? I love Pfeffer, she is my favorite. Does she do the bronch herself? I'm sorry we didn't get up today, its been a long couple of days! We'll get up Monday or Tuesday for sure, but the munchkin will have to come along. Do they put Jonas on percautions when he's there? I know they make them wear masks sometimes. I'm not sure why that is.
ReplyDeleteI so wish that there was a magic answer for Jonah. I know how hard it is for you and I want everything to work out. I hope you can get a broncho done before you leave.... but if not, I guess you can go back. I am praying for some answers for you and if you need anything you know how to find me!
ReplyDelete