
Woohoo! It's day seven! Jonah will be discharged on Wednesday. I am so happy, I am so sick of being here. the hospital is filled with such sorrow and poor energy! It's hard to see the hearts of parents breaking with uncertainty. I have felt the urge to just hug some of them. i know their pain.
Today was a rather boring day, but boring is what we want around here! Jonah has been off of liquids for the past 2 days and he is doing pretty well...until we pass the drinking fountain in the hall. tomorrow he does yet another swallow study. this will bring our total to five! yes, five swallow studies that all read the same thing. Jonah always passes the swallow studies because he does not immediately aspirate, he silently aspirates minutes even an hour after he drinks. So why are we putting little J through this? Simply to humor the doctors here at PCMC. Hey, it will help time pass too. Okay I know this sounds horrible but the resident doc just won't let it go, so the pulmo doc is giving in. We are trying to find out how thin of liquids Jonah can tolerate with out aspirating. When we brake out of here The pulmo doc will set up an appointment called a FEES test. this test will be more accurate, but getting in is a little trickier. We have done this test only once, right before J had his feeding tube placed and had the Nissan surgery done. this test is pretty neat, they stick a camera down his throat. The negative is that we have a temporary blueberry because of the dye that is used. This test will give us a better idea of what's going on and what he will better tolerate.

Oh isn't it fun to humor the residents? Its funner to tell them something that you knew and they didn't! I just love to outwit them. Me and Jax will see you tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteJONAH EATS PUDDING WITH A FORK..........AHHH HOW CUTE HE IS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I HOPE IT IS PUDDING........XXOOXX
ReplyDeleteJonah is such a handsome little boy, love the wave in his hair. xo
ReplyDelete