Apr 22, 2010

The days may be long, but the years are short.

As I sit here on the couch typing, totally exhausted from today and I look around the room and see toys gaylor, with scattered shoes down the hallway, and entry way and all I can smell is the scent of "burnt" in the air from the hard boiled eggs I was making for Morgan, but walked away from only to come running back in when Morgan yelled out to me that the "eggs are not peeling" but later learned was that they were blowing up in the oh so hot and stinky and burned pan.... oh what a day!

When Daddy came home we decided to use some old gift certificates and go out for dinner...We decided on Chuck-a-rama, but at our house we refer to it as Chuck-ur-Gramma, There, we all partook of a wonderful buffet. (its always wonderful when I don't have to cook) Because we NEVER go out for dinner as a family, I let Morgan have what ever she wanted...after she ate 5 healthies. (fruit or veggies) And she counted! When she finished her 5Th healthy, she was ready for dessert! Her first choice was a Cinnamon crisp. At the table she announced that she LOVED CINNAMON! Isaac told her she needed to lower her voice because we were in a restaurant (or sort of) She then, even louder then before, said "What daddy? I said Cinnamon, I didn't say shit!"
Yes folks, true story. I'm embarrassed.

When we got home from our wonderful/most embarrassing thing in my motherhood life so far dinner, we decided to take advantage of daylight savings and clean up the yard in honor of earth day. We mowed, we pulled weeds, we weed whacked, we swept, we re organized and then we spread out a blanket, kicked off our shoes and the four of us laid down and watched the clouds pass bye, and the moon starting to appear. It was so fun. These are the memories I will cherish!

How I am so in love with my sweet family. I adore them, I am lucky to be with them.

1 comment:

  1. We made our yard beautiful the other day too. We put fertilizer on hoping to get rid of pesky dandilions. Since we bought our house as a forclosure, the yard sat dead all that summer, so it still has pesky weeds that are hard to get rid of!

    ReplyDelete