I am so proud of my little man! This kid puts his mama through hell some days, but days like today make it so worth it!
WHAT DID HE DO?
He
said
Quack!
He said quack! We were going on our morning walk, and while we were waiting for a friend to join us, Jonah and I sat down by the pond to watch the ducks & geese. The birds were making noise, I started copying then Mr. Man, POINTED at the ducks and said QUACK! I am just so proud of him!
This is the first word out of J's mouth that he put the sound and the meaning of it together! This is huge! We started doing a program with him called PECS and I am seeing results, and in love with them! It's not a perfect Quack, but it was perfect enough for me!
A Few weeks ago Jonah was diagnosed with having mild to moderate speech apraxia. It wasn't really a surprise, since this term has been floating around Jonah for a while now to describe his speech delay, Oh and Melissa had already diagnosed him:) Everyone who works with him now are just now deciding that that is indeed what it is. But now, with this one little word: Quack, I'm hoping to hear more spuing out from his sweet little mouth! Now I keep making him say it over and over, as if he is going to forget how to say it. Im so happy for him! You could se on his face how happy he was too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

YAY!! That is awesome! Well done Jonah!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIt was a PERFECT quack, I understood it perfectly!! It is only the beginning of hearing Johan tell you what he sees, wants and hears. :)
ReplyDeleteYEAH Jessica i am so happy
ReplyDelete