Jun 10, 2010

happy

Believe me there has come a time in my life when I thought I could never do these things that I now must do for my J. I have recognized my inner strength. I think it's wonderful to look back and see all that I have been able to handle and push through. This is not an easy journey. Having a "normal" healthy child would be much easier, but I often have to ask myself "would I have it any other way?" I am so proud of the woman I've become, the knowledge I've obtained, and the close relationships I have made with my children and again with my husband. I am not the same person I was 3 years ago. I have learned to stand up to doctors, insurance companies and so called friends, who dropped me when I needed them most. I have learned to listen and to pray, to be respectful and secure. I have found amazing friends who I can relate and share my feelings with. I have become so much more awear of the special needs in my community and have been given the opportunity to share what I know with families just starting out on this path. I'm not sure how they find me but I love to share and inspire newbies. I am so grateful for all that I have been blessed with. Some might look at me and think what have you been blessed with? In their eyes they may only be looking for worldly objects which I do not posses, but if they would look harder they would see these amazing blessings and small miracles that I get to enjoy every day.

2 comments:

  1. Amen to all that and then some!!! You are an amazing person Jessica. You put that soooo perfectly. I am so glad to find you feeling this good about things. It is so hard to come to this place with all that goes on. Jonah is lucky to have you!!! And you are lucky to have Jonah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've come a long way in a short time! I am so glad you are finding peace with all that your life entails. It has been amazing to watch you take this journey and I know that 3 years from now you will be even stronger and more confident.

    ReplyDelete