~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This weekend has been hard. Much harder then I imagined it would be and today I find myself crumbling.
I took the kids with me on a little get a way trip to Cali, I will post about it tomorrow. To days post is me just feeling beaten down and discouraged. I need advise I need answers because people, I think I'm falling apart.

I am at a loss as of what to do with Mr. Jonah. He is wearing all of us down. Our new motto: If Jonah ain't happy, ain't nobody happy...so hurry up and make him happy! It's the truth! He causes so much tension and stress, and frankly I just need a break. The biting is getting worse, the head banging is starting back up, and in a 18 hr period Jonah has pulled his feeding tube out 2 times.

He pulled it out in the night (I didn't go in when he was crying after waking)and out it came...balloon in tact full of 5cc of water. Of course I didn't know this until I went to his morning feeds and saw he had a huge rash and no G tube. Because it was out for so long the hole that the tube goes into had closed. Morgan, Jonah and I sat up at the hospital for 5 hours!! This was so insane, and such a wast of time I was pissy as could be.
While his lungs are sounding better his behavior is getting worse. Tomorrow I will call his behavior specialist and see if we might be able to get in to see her on a more regular basis because I just don't know what to do any more. He has become so violent towards me/ It just makes me sad, I know he is just frustrated, but I can't read his mind, I don't know what he wants. The whole right side of my face and neck are scratched up. On the plane to Cali he gave me a fat lip, that is bruised and painful today. I don't know? I just don't know any more. I am so frustrated. I am so tired and my heart is sad for my Jonah.

Aw Jess!!! Massive hugs!! I don't have anything helpful to add but just letting you know that I'm thinking of you! xx
ReplyDeleteOh Jess, I'm so sorry! We need to get that boy into some serious autism schooling. They'll know exactly how to deal with him. Get him on that pingree list now! Also, if your with DDI, they have an autism class, or at least they used to. We need to get someone that specializes in autism help him.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. That is so frustrating. I would for sure just get a plan with the behaviorist. Easier to say than to do it though huh? we should get together sometime when we come down to slc.
ReplyDeleteJess, my heart yearns for you. I wish I had the right answers for you, but I don't. I wish that I could make everything easier for you.
ReplyDelete:(
Just know that you are in my constant thoughts. I love you
A friend recommended I check out your blog. I too have a "special needs" child that is physically and mentally difficult for our entire family to handle. Your post made me cry, I hope things get better, or at least different.
ReplyDelete