Yesterday, Jonah had an appointment at the Center for children with special health care needs (CSHCN) He met with the neuromotor team. It was a great appointment. Jonah was testing at 18 months for gross motor and 18 months for fine motor. Funny, his development and clothing size are the same! The head doctor decided that Jonah has made great strides and feels like I have pulled together an awesome team to care for him, so for now we will only attend the CSHCN clinic on an as needed basis. This is great for me, one less appointment to go to.
Jonah does have a great team of doctors. I have been trying to create this miracle team for 2.5 years and finally here it is. Unfortunately it won't last as Jonah will be turning 3 on the 7Th of November and he will loose his early intervention. This has been a hard reality, as we both have come to love our therapist. I am hopeful that Jonah will still be able to attend play & learn, a class offered by early intervention that we will just have to pay out of pocket for.
I ended up speaking with the school district about Jonah starting at the autism school earlier then expected. After much debate, I have just decided not to put Jonah in the school district and for now just focus on him going to a special school. Tuesday will be his first day, and together the teachers and I will write up a CARE plan.
2 of Jonah's doctors (newer doctors) want to do genetic testing on Jonah, as they find it peculiar that he has these lung issues and development issues. I am not sure that anything will come out of it as his pulmo doc reminded me (and she knows Jonah best!) his carbon dioxide levels were above 200. (normal is 35-40, this is what was killing him) But I am curious as to what else could be found out about my little man. Genetic testing is very interesting, but very pricey!
I'm in no hurry. As I said, I doubt that they will find anything that would place these two issues into one diagnosis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I hear you! We should still be doing genetic testing on Josh, but at this point I really wonder what could come out of it. Who knows! But I am so excited to hear about Jonah starting next week. It really is a blessing to find the help specific to what Jonah needs. What a difference it makes.
ReplyDeleteAnd I feel your pain about losing Early Intervention. Notice in my new blog post I got in trouble for not getting going on PCMC rehab therapy with Josh when he lost his EI therapists. Ooops. Sigh.
I am so happy to hear you guys are on the right track. I really have worried about you the last few months and it's so amazing to see some things falling into place. If you need anything, let me know!!