Nov 11, 2010

Jonah's back in the hospital

Jonah is back in the hospital. I took him up this morning after a really long night at home. Jonah was struggling yesterday and we took him into the pulmo Dr and she had us take him over to the new PCMC building in Riverton to get a chest x-ray. The x-ray showed that Jonah was trapping air with every exhale, but taking in good air. The problem: If he is taking in more air then he is exhaling he starts to build up CO2 levels and that's never good.

I thought I could handle this all by my self at home, but by 6:00pm I was regretting my decision as I could hear grunts and see him retracting in all places you could retract. Not good! So 7 this morning, Morgan, Jonah and I drove up to the hospital to have him admitted.

It is a HUGE inconvenience to have him up here, but this is where I feel he needs to be. I'm not sue how long the stay will be, as nothing has changed from this morning till now. Tomorrow he will have his 5th picc line placed in his upper left arm, this way he will not have to have his hands or feet irritated by the IV's. He has already pulled out one IV! He's trouble I tell you, yet no one ever believes me when I say that!

While he is under sedation for his PICC line they will also perform an Echo cardiogram to check on his heart. He has never had heart problems, nor do I think the doc's think he does now, I think it's just one of those things they want to check just to rule out. Though they are concerned about the amount of oxygen he is on.

I will up date more when more news comes my way. I'm hoping tomorrow will be turn around day!

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you all and I really hope Jonah feels better soon!! Hugs! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so sorry to hear this, really hope that he picks up soon and you guys can get back home quickly. Lots of hugs and Mendy vibes coming your way. Take care x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know my Jonah is a stinker. I can see him tied to the bed to keep from pulling things out. Now you need to get home because we want to play!

    ReplyDelete