
Happy birthday to my beautiful boy.
Three years ago today I was sick. Really sick. I could not stop coughing! I did go to work though. I worked a normal 10 hr day and then went home to relax and take a hot shower to help relieve some tightness in my chest. I got out but kept coughing. Every time I coughed I would feel my stomach get hard. (braxton hicks) I decided to drive my self up to the hospital and just have them check me out to make sure my coughing wasn't causing any distress on baby. I Isaac stayed home with baby number one; Morgan.
Baby Jonah was having some issues in utero.
I was checked into the woman's pavilion and my midwife was called. I was a bit upset that they wanted me to get into a robe. I then was more irritated when they asked me to stay the night for observation. I was furious when they told me that if the baby was still feeling distress by morning I was going to be induced!
All I wanted was to have this baby with NO DRUGS and strictly HYPNO-BIRTHING! I spent a lot of dough to learn this method and had such a hard labor with Morgan that I got an epidural! I had gone over my birthing plan countless times with my midwife and I was only in the first stages and they were already giving me pitocin!
After a long 11 hours on pitocin and with no other drugs but very painful contractions it was time to face my worst fear ever... A C-Section! I was so scared. I walked into the OR having to stop every few seconds to breath out a contraction and then move another few feet to stop and repeat. I was lifted onto the table and the real fun began.
The anesthesiologist was getting frustrated that I kept moving while he was trying to prep me for the c section. ~ Listen, It is hard to curl your back like a cat when you have been on a high dose of pitocin with no pain drugs and having extreme contractions! When he numbed me I was numb! I could not even cough, even though I had to. I could barely whisper. All I remember is the Dr and my midwife saying out loud that Jonah was a peanut. At that state of mind I was picturing a deformed head and a little tiny curved body...Like a peanut. A friend handed me my baby. I just looked at his perfect body and could feel tears rolling down my cheek as I still could hardly move. I was in love. In that moment I knew I had a special baby.
Jonah Hebrew for Dove.

No comments:
Post a Comment