The past few days I have been hitting the gym pretty hard as I am planning on doing the Utah Valley Marathon. Of course I am not ready for a marathon, I am training to do the 5k...but hoping I will be ready to do a half. We shall see. Today I did all 3 miles and I'm hurting big time! What's the cure for sore muscles? I need to work on time and endurance. Right now I am training 2 min walking 1 min running over and over. although on that last mile I sis 1 min walk 1 min run just to finish faster. over night my favorite snack changed from red licorice to peanut butter and celery, and wheat thins crackers to plain air popped popcorn. Funny how when you are working out and sweating hard, what your body craves is different then when you are sharing a blood supply with the couch. I'm going with the flow of it as I refuse to go into my 30's over weight!
Eww, something gross wait... I will back up......
Last week Jonah pulled his feeding tube right of his belly. Twice! Only the latter time he did this magic trick I had no clue he did it. When I was giving him his morning feeds I freaked when I saw that it was no longer stuck in his tummy like a cork in a bottle. I was freaking out only because the space where the tube (more like a button) goes in to the stomach was closed and I mean closed! I couldn't fit the tip of a syringe into it, which tells me that it has been out for hours! I hurried the kids into the car and we drove up to the hospital. Luckily I was on the phone with my friend and she reminded me that I could go into the gastronomy clinic and have the surgeons nurses help. that I did, only the surgeons nurses couldn't help as the hole was closed. They got the surgeon. Long story short, I have been looking and looking for the feeding tube button and even called his school to see if it was there...Nothing turned up so I just assumed that perhaps the dog ate it.... Well This morning as I was sweeping the floor, it was lying underneath the ottoman. Its pretty disgusting looking so I threw it out. But just in case you were wondering... Yes, if Jonah pulls out the tube we do indeed put it (the same one) back in. they are good until the balloon at the end pops from stomach acid. Oh, and the stomach isn't sanitary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Right, we put the tube back in if it comes out, unless its ruined. Leave it to my boyfriend Jonah! When are we playing my friend?
ReplyDelete