The 5 P's according to Miss Jane rule my life! I live by these rules. To you they may be silly but for me, a Virgo, they provide the structure and guidelines that every Virgo craves. What are these words of wisdom???
Proper Planning Prevent Poor Performance!
Yes I know we just finally hit spring but, remember those 5 P's!
I have been 100% focused on finding J the best summer program out there. Guess what? It does not exist. (frown) So like the mama bear I have become, I am creating one. One, almost so perfect, I feel blessed. He will continue with speech, feeding, occupational and physical therapies, but I was so intrigued with the music therapies up at the hospital I would like to get him involved with that as well.
I have become very concerned about his behavior that my most important mission for the summer, is to find J an ABA therapist (applied behavior analysis) This is going to cost some green. J's school sent home a pamphlet about a center that offers ABA therapy and it looks promising. Tomorrow I will give them a call. J is on the waiting list for another type of ABA therapy that is also a play group with one of his old therapists. It looks promising for him to make it in the class by summer. My fingers are crossed.
No, this is not to much for him.
The one thing I have learned about my boy since his diagnosis (ASD PDD-NOS) is that my child thrives on structure, structure, structure! And recently I have learned that change in his life is getting more and more difficult for him to except. I feel like I am losing him, the frustration and anger he expresses saddens me.... then he will calm down, gesture for me to pick him up, and kiss my face. I love him. In those moments I gather great strength to keep chugging along and making the world a kinder place for him to grow, explore and become the child he is meant to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You go Jessica!!! It is so hard to get the services these kids with ASD need. Every step of the way should not be full of fighting and waiting lists. But for now that is how it is. I really truly hope that in the future things become a bit easier. We have our big meeting with the school for Trevor on friday. I am warming up my boxing gloves. Today the psychologist who diagnosed Trevor with autism, who he sees monthly now... joined our fight. I am so happy. We will see how much her letter to the school will make. Keep going with Jonah. You are a great fighting mama!!!
ReplyDeleteIt seems like Tanner went a little bit into the summer at Pingree. I'm surprised they don't have a summer program. Can't wait to play next weekend!
ReplyDelete