It may be just me but when I feel like Im being pushed to the max, a theme song pops into my head and there it stays. Tonights song to highlight all of my chaos is Life House ~ Broken. Deep, I know.
The scoop~
Jonah was admitted on Friday. He was NPO (with out food or water) for next to 8 hours and handled it like a champ! (Go Jonah!) We were sent in for his procedure to have first the IV placed and then the Picc line placed and Walla! Both went in FIRST try! I was amazed as was his medical team. He was admitted through 'Specials' and was transported up to his room flying high (he was still kinda sedated) on his big boy bed! Yes! He was in a twin sezed medical bed not a scary cage looking crib. You should have seen this kid, sitting on his big boy bed like a king! One hand on the remote, one on his (clearing of the throat) and a bink in his mouth! One happy Jonah...well, sorta.
So, the priapism issues were still going strong at this point. Someone from the team called the attending from Urology. Hells yes people! (lol) She was amazing! She heard me.... She ecnoledged me....she even, right there, pulled up tests and started putting together a plan for Monday! I love it! She was impressed how much I knew about my child, which I found shocking... Don't all parents research and educate them selves on what is wrong with their child? Ummm, YOU SHOULD! The Queen Urologist suspects that maybe J has a blood disorder of some sort. Tomorrow Jonah will meet with the hemo peeps and we will see what the heck might be going on with him and his wee wee. They will be looking for abnoralities with his red blood cells.
Now on to the white blood cells... Jonah had a sputum culture done (he coughed it up himself, Yay!) and there have been findings of strep and low white blood cells. Im so glad He has the pulmonologist that he has. She is good! Real good! Im glad that she sees that he needs to be in the hospital even when the hospital staff don't get why we are admitting a healthy child. He has absolutly no reserve for illness. The IV anti-biotic he is on will kill the bacteria that is forming in his lungs as I type. I actually had a person ask why Jonah was even there, and why he needs a clean out if he doesn't have CF. This bothered me on so many different levels. This person was not his nurse nor his doctor. Nor had this person ever asked me about J's history, or even what the final diagnosis was. What did he think I was just out of ideas on how to spend spring break with my kid? Whatever. Tonight I spoke with him again and told him Jonahs diagnosis. He said that made sense of why a clean out was needed. Not that I needed his appoval more like I wanted him to just understand. This is why I like having the same people over and over... they know Jonah, they know his history, I know they don't judge or question as most of them saw him at his sickest.
Well tomorrow will be here too soon, so I must try to get some sleep. My princess is off to Disneyland with daddy tomorrow and she is ready! I on the other hand am not looking forward to having her gone. I have never been this far away from her. I am staying positive for her sake, but inside my heart is filling up with tears. Oh how much I love my little Morgan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh Jessica, I don't know how you do it with admit after admit. I would go crazy. I know you do it because you have to and you do what is best for Jonah. I am glad that the IV and PICC went in first time. Yay for miracles. If you need anything, or just want to vent, please call, text...anything. And I will be thinking of you making it through the next 10 days living at PCMC and missing Morgan and Isaac.
ReplyDelete