Mar 14, 2011

Urology: Round 2

Tomorrow morning Mr Jonah and I have an appointment with urology.  If you follow me on facebook and my blog you will recall that I'm not a fan of any of these doctors.  I fired his last urologist and went on a hunt to find another.  I called up to the U of U and was denied to see the doctor that I wanted because "all children need to go through PCMC."  I replied, "what if the docs there are not taking care of  my child?" She then said that perhaps I could go through another hospital...I don't want another hospital!  I want the U of U as it is a research hospital and know one has seen the ***condition*** Jonah has in a child of his age with out having Sickle's disease which he does not have!

In the past 6 days Jonah has had an erection for about 66 hours that I have noticed. Note this is not all in one phase.  this is over the course of the 6 days...and counting. 

I have a pretty script written out for a med he needs (Viagra) but cannot get it approved.  I need someone to fight with me as I am just a parent, I do not hold a medical degree. My letters and phone calls hardly mean a thing. I need the doctor to step up and help me out.  Why won't they?  His Priapism is causing huge issues in his everyday life.  It is sad to watch him so uncomfortable and not have a solution of healing for him. His teachers are concerned, his therapist's are concerned his other doctors are concerned so what the heck is the problem with getting some help from urology?  Well these questions will be answered tomorrow! It might be a great appointment, but I'm not holding my breath.

2 comments:

  1. Jess, what you need is your ped to find you a urologist and tell them you need help! If I can't get something done, I call my ped and she steps up as she does have that medical degree! I hope this doc will help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully this next appointment will shed some light on things. It's their responsiblity to answer questions and if they themselves can't answer them then they need to find someone else who can! The drs really should be the ones fighting to get the script approved. I can only begin to imagine the frustration this is bringing you. Hope it soon resolves!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete