May 17, 2011

Good Day...Yay!

Ahhh! I can't believe that my little girl is done with preschool!  So sad!  Where did the time go? While J will continue to have school through June, Morg and I will have lots of one on one time! She has planned quite the to-do list for us. First thing: pedicures for us girls!

J has had an amazing day! So amazing that by typing this I might be jinxing everything! I have been keeping a running tally of how many "melt downs" he has daily.  His number averages around 7 on school days and up to 12 on non school days.  Today he has had 4!  Four meltdowns with only light biting, not leaving any marks on his arm... not that I can be 100% sure of that as his arms are covered in bruises from previous bites.  Now that the warmer weather is approaching I am growing desperate to "cure" his obsessive biting.  So he can wear short sleeve shirts with out others looking  oddly at my husband and I.

 Why does he bite himself?

Well I'm not sure. I can only suspect it is due to these factors. 1) lack of communication 2) sensory system is out of whack 3) he knows it makes me upset (and three year old boys like to piss their parents off)

What am I doing to stop it? Oh man, if it were that easy...

J has been biting himself for over a year, the only thing that has really changed is the intensity of the biting. (if you remember in a previous post he bit my thumb so hard I should have gotten stitches)  By now, I believe that this has become habbit for him as well as a sick comfort.   Every day is different with this boy.  Something that worked today will most likely not work for me tomorrow.  That is what makes this so frusterating.

So really I have nothing folks. I find sanity in days like today where I had room to breath and take in the boy I once knew.  I hope tomorrow will be just as wonderful.  I miss him.

1 comment:

  1. I see my sweet Jonah through the meltdowns and stress. I wish he could communicate his wants and needs more without the biting! I would love to hang out, but we have crud in the house right now, even I have it, and Jonah doesn't need it. Jax is the only one so far that hasn't had it. I don't know whats up with this boy, how he's avoided the last two colds. He must have gotten some super immune system all of the sudden.

    ReplyDelete