A few weeks ago I ran into an old friend at the store. As we both stood with food list's in hand in the middle of the produce isle, we reconnected on a different level... as members of an elite club; mommies of children on the autism spectrum. She had said something profound, so deep, I find it hard to escape my brain.
On this Mother's Day I would like to share what my friend said because for the last few weeks it's been my fuel.
Jill: "I like to think that when/if they find a cure for Autism, that Kade will look at me and say thank you. Thank you for doing all of it for me mom thank you for fighting for me!"
I hope that one day Jonah will hug me tight and say the same. I hope that he will tell me that he is proud of me. That he knows it was hard dealing with all the questions all the doctors all the hospitalizations and therapies, the uncertainties the late nights of breathing treatments and temper-tantrums, wiping the tears shed from both of us, the frustrations of not knowing if I was making the best choices for him. My hope is that Jonah will understand that I will never stop fighting for him. I will never let the questions I have get the best of me as they are not important. He is. I am so lucky to have him as my child. He is my perfection. He is my super hero.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


So beautifully said. You are such a great mom.
ReplyDelete