The entrance to the children's hospital is a revolving door. That being said so is our relationship with the hospital.
Jonah was sent back to the hospital last night after spending 3 hours in his ped's office. Before that Jonah's teacher left a voice mail letting me know he wasn't sounding good, and had a racy heart rate. When I got him off the bus I checked him out myself and called to get him in with a doctor. His fever had spiked, his oxygen saturation levels were dropping, his oxygen needs were going up and I could see that it was making the ped feel uncomfortable and in return I started to feel uncomfortable! She wanted him seen by the emergency room, a VRP and a chest x-ray.
Off we drove to the hospital. Jonah was well behaved for the most part, (thank goodness for smart phones!) and then got phychotic on me the last hour, biting my thumb so hard I should have gotten a stitch.(today it continues to throb) At the hospital he was given 3 neb treatments, because the albuterol was only lasting an hour before he sounded like crap again. The VRP came back negative but so did the last one 2 weeks ago, then it grew out 3 different viruses, so I will just wait and see what it says later. As of now his diagnosis is Hypoxia. To be continued...
Questions of prognosis keep rising, and to be honest it makes me feel a little ill. Sadly, I find a bit of comfort that his doctors just aren't sure. I don't think I want a number of living years placed on my son. We will continue to take it one day at a time as we always have. Jonah is a fighter, if I have ever seen one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh Jessica you need less stress in your life. So do I. We should run away on a mommy vacation and re-energize ourselves.
ReplyDelete