Today is J's first day off of Prednisone (steroids) in a while. I am crossing my fingers he is able to stay off of them for the next month so he will be able to do T-cell testing. I used to despise the steroids but this time around I have been impressed at how well they worked on him. He is breathing so well and I rarely hear a wheeze out of him.
He starts working with a behaviorist in early June. I'm excited to see what answers she has for Isaac and I. I know I tend to put all my eggs in one basket but this is how a desperate mother operates. Someone has to be able to help him. I find myself asking the question "would I rather have the lung disease or the autism to deal with?" Everyday my answer changes depending on what the problem of the hour is. At this moment I will choose lung disease. Autism sucks.
Oh wait, I don't have a choice. We are dealing with both and this is life. His life. Tell me it will get better... for his sake and my sanity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I wish I could say that it gets better, but I'm so frustrated and cranky right now that I would say it doesn't!
ReplyDeleteTruth is, it comes and goes. Sometimes I feel like I can't take anymore, and other days I feel optimistic! Maybe I'm bipolar! LOL
I'm keeping everything crossed that Jonah can stay of the pred! I know what you mean. I hate pred and it's side effects, but actually it can work really well for the lungies!
ReplyDeleteI flat share with a guy with autism and he is the sweetest guy. I asked him how his autism has changed over time and he said to me that according to his parents, his pre-teen years were the most difficult. He's a really lovely guy too, so I would just like to say, that despite Autism and it's difficulties that people face on a daily basis, it makes a person who they are and Dan has said although he sees the world in a different light, people accept him for who he is. Obviously I've never met Jonah in person but from what I read about him and see in the pictures, his personality shines through all his medical issues and you've done such a fantastic job with him too.
Big hugs to you and really hoping that Jonah's lungs give you all a break for a bit!
xxx