Parenthood. One of my most favorite television shows on the NBC network, and yet I get so frustrated while watching it. I suppose it's because I see so many similarities that parallel with my life and my children... or child. (one of the kids on the show has Asperger's)
Jonah will be integrated into another classroom at the Autism school. The new class has a waiting list but 2 spots are currently open. Well I guess one spot, because Jonah took the first one. Jonah's teacher put his name on the list in September because she recognized the growth he is making. I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm crossing my fingers that he will shine in this class as he has in his other 2. This new class has children who are on the spectrum as well those who are neuro-typical. From what I understand the flow of the classroom is different then what J has been used too. It is more relaxed and there is a lot more play involved. A lot more interacting with peers and less teacher directed activities. Jonah will not be in this class full time just yet, he is only being integrate so he will spend the mornings in his "old" classroom then in the afternoon, one of his teachers will assist him in the new classroom. For right now this will be the routine. We are hopeful that Jonah will thrive in this situation and be ready to move into the new class by next Fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


WOW That is fabulous news. I am so glad his teachers have seen the wonderful progress he is making. I see a great future ahead for Mr. J
ReplyDeleteBethany