Dec 22, 2011

and yet again.....

Tired.
Ran down.
still surviving.
These are the words that continuously ran through my mind today.

Most families are shopping for gifts, going to Christmas parties, enjoying festivities of sorts and admiring Christmas lights outlining their neighborhoods. Not here. Nope. Here, this night I lye next to my baby debating my next move as I hear each inhale... and I guess some would refer to the snorkeling sound escaping his mouth as an exhale.

I think I can....I think I can.... I can! I can! ...
I just don't want to. Life with a special needs child (yes, even a child as cute and adorable as mine) is difficult. It's draining, but yet, do I dare say it???
Rewarding.

Ah yes, REWARDING! I just need to keep that word, those beautiful moments that I do have with him playing in my mind as some sort of a back ground noise. I need to stay focused... hmm, not my strongest skill. 

Can I just share how frustrating it is to have a child discharged just a week ago from a 10 day stay in the hospital only to have him sick again???  Ugh. It just rattles me knowing that this kiddo of mine has to go through this EVERY WINTER!  Today the plan was set that Jonah would start back on steroids on a hefty dose and gradually go down on the dose over the next 3 weeks. He was also given a script for Augmenton to kill bacteria growing in his lungs. The doctor wants to see us again tomorrow to re-evaluate Jonah's status.  If he seems worse he will be admitted.

 Boo-Hoo!

 I don't get it. I don't understand why he has to endure all of this. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Jess! I wish I could figure this boy and his lungs out! Seriously, I can watch medical shows and figure out what the person has before they say it. Yesterday I even picked out a rare disease that most people have never heard of, but I do because I'm the crazy wannabe doctor! That boy is giving me a run for my money!! Boy his kisses are the best though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,
    I can post again!!! Blogger has not let me post on anyone's blog in MONTHS!!!! Yea!!! So so so sorry to hear about Jonah! I know how you feel. My Ped told me flat out that Kaitlyn would have been in the hospital this week if we didn't have all the medical crap we do at home. I hope that he continues to be able to be home... especially with it being Christmas. Please have a wonderful holiday and New Year!! Thanks for being such an amazing support to me!

    ReplyDelete