Mar 20, 2009
California
We had such a great trip to California! We even ended up staying a day longer then planed. We left early (5 am) on the 9th, and after much feeding tube chaos and Teletubby hell we arrived in Sacramento at 5:oo pm. We were all ready to be out of the car! We had a great visit with Isaac's Grammy, his mom and his sisters family. We then travled a short distence to Manteca to visit with my aunt. It was time to load up and take our travles to the bay area. We first stopped in Santa Cruz to take a coastal drive. It is a drive that I have enjoyed since I got my license... okay since I got a car. We then located my mom who was still working and decided to follow her home, since we had never been to their new place. We had so much fun! The next day I was able to drive to San Jose with my Mom and the kids to see Gramma & Gampa Miller. It was ssuch a nice visit. The kids and I went to the beach, the Monterey Bay aquarium, and to the " Big Ball Park." We had a nice visit with Grandpa Doug and aunty Ashly. They took Morgan birthday shopping at Toys-R-Us. Then we met up with Isaac's aunt Kathy Jo and family at my mom's house. Kathy jo brought cup cakes and we sang happy birthday and celebrated Morgan and cousin Robin's birthdays. Then we went to the beach again to let the kids run around. Jonah hung out with me and ate sand...he did. I didn't. my mom had cooked a wonderful dinner and I had invited two of my best childhood friends and their families over. This was the highlight of my vacation. My sisters were there, my aunt Lisa my mom and step dad my friends, and my beautiful family. It is at these moments in my life that I am thankful for all of the blessings given to me. The blessings will always out weigh the grief! This is what I needed to be reminded of. It was the reason why I needed to go "home." Now that I am back in my real home I am ready... So bring on the rain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Jessica,
ReplyDeleteThis is Melissa from "Thru the Tulips" blog. I found your family blog and thought I would leave a comment on here for you. I hope your trip is going well and you are getting some much needed change of scenery!
And to answer your questions also... we are being followed by the FUN clinic at PCMC as well. He had his intial admit into the clinic on february 4th. So far I have liked it and we have had good experiences. One of our OT's is through PCMC as well and she was the one that got the ball rolling on the ER trip we took a couple nights ago. It is really nice to have a therapist who can just call down to the FUN clinic and get things going.
So how did you learn how to put the NG tube in? We are new at this and they told me I had to come back to the ER at PCMC if he pulls it out. We live in Ogden, so it's not like a fast thing to go down there. So if it's going to end up being temporarily longer term thing, I hope I can learn how to put them in too. Thanks for the support! Good luck on your vacation!
You can also leave comments on my family blog.... www.christensenchaos.blogspot.com