Mar 28, 2009

Very Lucky Mom


I have had such a quiet day. It's unusual in this house. This morning a friend invited Morgan to a church activity, so it was just Jonah and I since Isaac was at work. We had wonderful bonding time. As Jonah is now "crawling" I have to constantly move his legs into the right "start" position. He tends to go through his legs like as in doing the splits. The Physical therapist has told me over & over that if he keeps doing this he will need a hip replacement (I'm not sure if she is teasing) When he does this his hip bone is rubbing into his hip socket. Anyways, I was working with him & I could see he was tired so I just held him and started rocking him back and forth for some extra stimulation. I have never heard this boy laugh so hard. It was a full on belly laugh! Laughing is contagious and warms the soul.

Morgans dance recital is approaching fast. The dance teacher sent home a copy of the dance music with her voice on it walking the children through the steps. Morgan has to practice at least 15 minutes a day. My little dancer is wanting to practicing for 30-40 minutes a day. She just loves it. I am so proud of her! She has found something she really likes to do. Morgan has also found a new obsession... balloons. Every store we go to she wants a balloon. Any house we go to that there is a balloon, she thinks it's her balloon. Even driving down State street and seeing the balloons at the car lots, she demands that I pull over to get her a balloon. Are you kidding me? Thank goodness for the dollar store!

So Morgan went in for her three year old check up and I heard words that I have not heard in forever, if ever...YOUR CHILD IS HEALTHY, AND LOOKS GREAT! well at least one kidlit is doing good, right?

Jonah's doctor called me Tuesday. He will not be going to NJ. Instead she is sending him to Denver Children's Hospital. I'm kind of bummed but I understand. She needs Jonah to take a specific test that they no longer preform at National Jewish. It is called the Infant pulmonary function test. It is a test that will require Jonah to be mildly sedated. They will then inflate a vest that will apply pressure on his lungs and then the mask that he will be wearing will measure his lung function. It sounds interesting. I have read a little about it online and learned that it will be about 2 hours long. I am sure other tests will be done as well, since he will be there for a bit. The doctor also let me know that he will need to get a CAT scan, and possibly have a lung biopsy. Both of these things will be done here at Primary Children's. I am not sure when, I will keep you posted.

I wanted to thank those of you who are praying for my family. Everyday I see new blessings. How lucky am I to have these two specia littlel spirits know me as their mom? Very Very Very Lucky!

2 comments:

  1. Jessica,
    First of all I have to say you have two amazing kids! They are so cute! Your little Morgan sounds like she is a barrel of fun. I am glad Jonah is doing some crawling. My little Josh had to have help getting going everytime too. But he eventually got it.

    So I had a couple odd questions about the NG tube. I have been trying to find the best way to transport formula and wondered what suggestions you may have... or what works and what is worthless. His feedings are about every 2 hours and he takes 3 oz. (He is on Nutren Jr. which he just stared). He has to have about 1,000cc a day...750 of formula and 250 of water. So one can is like 2-3 feedings. So when I am out and about I have to take stuff to keep it cold... or take it from the fridge if it's already opened. I do have a little insulator pack thing that was for his bottles to keep them cold. But my other problem has been the cold. He HATES the formula cold. If I warm it up at least to room temp. he if fine, but cold makes him cry. Did you have that problem with Jonah? Since you did it for 5 months I figured you would have some good ideas.

    I hope all is well for you and I hope you get things moving along with his tests. I am going to be on the phone with PCMC FUN clinic tomorrow.. yea... my favorite thing to do. We need to get further tests done on Josh too, and I am not going to let them tell me everything is fine anymore. LOL! GOod luck Jessica, I am glad I have met you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh bummer! I thought you were getting him to NJ but if it's any consolation to you..I've also heard that Childrens in Denver is good too! Either way I'll be keeping little JOnah in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete