May 6, 2009

Day two in Denver-part B


The IPFT only lasted an hour and a half from the time Jonah was sedated. They got all of the information that was needed and he still slept another hour and a half. I would usually enjoy this long nap time, but when you are sedated at the hospital they will not let you leave until you are fully awake and have taken some food. So needless to say, we were there a while. During his restful sleep, I had many visitors who wanted to meet with Jonah and I. The one who I really was waiting for was the attending doctor who was overseeing Jonah while we will be here in Denver. Her name is Dr. Deiterding, I love to say that Deiterding. Anyways she came in and went over the test results with me...Gulp! She said that they will still learn more with the CT scan and the Bronch that they will be doing, but so far they think they have ruled out this all being just a bad case of Asthma like i was hoping for. They are leaning towards a diagnosis called Bronchial Obliterans. Jonah's pulmonary doc in SL had a hunch. It is not a very common dissease. Lucky us... so not many doctors are familiar with it...Jonah's SL doctor is so that is what is important.
Well Jonah is fasting again today and will be going back to the hospital at noon. like I said they will do the CT scan and then he will be put back on a respirator for the Bronchoscopy. Due to Jonah's last episode from his last Bronch, he will be admitted today. I knew this was a strong possibility but it stinks when we get down to it. I will stay over night with him and Mo will stay at Gma & Gpas house. On the up swing we did have a wonderful tour of down town Denver last night, and Praxair came out and brought us much needed oxygen tanks. I will write more when Jonah is being Bronched, Pray ,pray, pray that he goes through this like a pro! Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. I do wish everything goes well with Jonah. I am sorry this has been a little stressful. We are thinking of you! Good luck with the next rounds of tests!

    ReplyDelete