May 5, 2009

Day Two in Denver-part A

Well it was a rough start. As it was just Jonah and I this morning, we got up very early! (too early) Anyways Jonah had a bath and was dressed and we went down to the kitchen area. I grabbed a banana and put Jonah down to crawl around. I forgot that he too was probably hungry since we Had to fast him for the testing today. He started crying when he saw me take a bite, I quickly hid the fruit and put him back in his stroller and pushed him around the huge dinning room while pushing him I was shoveling the banana in my mouth. I'm sure it was quite a site. So then I took him down to this amazing play room. He was still a bit fussy due to his hunger so I let him do what he does best...throw things. They were just those small square texture blocks, but he loved it. He sat out on the clean up part. When were walking out of the RMDH his concentrator (o2 Machine) just shut off! So our travels to the hospital were super fast! I talked to Praxair and they said they would send someone over to look at the machine, until then they told me to take some tanks from the hospital.
Jonah is in testing right now. It worked out nice, it is a 2 room thing with a dividing door that has a window, so because i was not sure they said this was the best option. Now I can come and go as I please. I left while they were setting up the equipment on him. they gave him the sedative and he was out in five minutes! It was nice, i was able to rock him to sleep. He is such an independent sleeper I rarely have these moments. It was a nice feeling to walk away with.
I am sure they have him ready so I need to go back up and check on my little guy. I will write more tonight. Thank you for keeping him in your prayers! I love you all.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Girl-
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. You know how much I love you guys so I don't need to tell you right? Can't wait for more posts. LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear things are going OK. Keep us posted on today's testing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jessica for keeping me included by text message. I will check later for your update. I am on retreat at Ananda Village and will include you and Jonah in special prayers. I love you all, Doug

    ReplyDelete