So Jonah is sick once again. He has been since last week. I called the doctor Monday, after Jonahs sats were droping into the 80's. His work of breathing was increasing and I started to kind of freak out. I was having flashbacks of how this usually ends up... in the ER!
Jonahs doctor told me to start him back on steroids (pred) so I did, this time welcoming the stuff. Anything to keep him out of the hospital. I set up a time on Thursday to have her check him and listen to him. She decided to scratch oour previus plan and have him admitted in a couple weeks. Bummer. Her reasoning was that Jonah has been placed on steroids 2x since he was weaned off. She is concerned that he has needed them and we have not even hit respiratory season yet. She is a great doctor so I will try not to second guess her. It is just so hard for us as a family to have Jonah admitted. Though we have done this enough to have a fine scahedual, it is a very stressful time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Poor Jonah! I can imagine your little panic mode. It seems like they love to throw these curveballs at us, huh? I am glad the Pred worked enough to avoid a ER trip, but still!! Poor boy. I hope you are doing OK and things can work out to get ready for his admit. I will have to come see you to keep you company. I'll be praying for your family to have a smooth sailing hospital stay. THinking of you!!
ReplyDeleteMelissa thank you! I really appreciate the fact that you do understand. It's a blessing that we have found each others frienship in such a funny/bazzar way huh? I am praying too that this will be a better hospitalization. I am expecting total boredom so I would love to have visitors! Jonah will too!!
ReplyDelete