Feb 23, 2010

Finally!


Jonah got his helmet today! We have been waiting and waiting! Finally we got a call back that his helmet was in...
So, we showed up at 4:00pm to get it fitted for him. Of course it didn't fit! that would make life to easy, and as those of you who have a special needs child you recognize nothing is ever easy! So after waiting and waiting some more the Mr who was helping Jonah came back in with the helmet and it was stuffed full of padding. He put it on Jonah and Jonah just flipped out. This was not going to work. He then came back in with two different helmets. One looked like a swimmers cap and the other was super bright and kiddo friendly. He placed it on Jonah's head and tightened it, then Velcro the strap under his chin. It fit like a glove! It was meant to be his! Much time hadn't passed before Jonah was banging his head on the corner of the wall (seeking input)as hard as he could. I guess he had to check out the helmet, making sure we were getting our money's worth. So we signed some papers and left. Of course Jonah doesn't like to wear it, so I am trying to keep him distracted from the thought of something touching his head. I am hoping to have him wear it for at least 12 hours for the next few days to get used to it. Then I will reevaluate.

PS fellow Utahan's did you catch the front page of the Deseret Newspaper? RSV! I wish some one would have interviewed me about the long lasting affects!

3 comments:

  1. Thats one funky helmet. I'll have to go read this article. I get crazy about kids that get a lot of attention for diseases or injuries they have, and our kids that are in the hospital most of their lives don't get recognition. Its not that I want fame, but my baby has been through more than most of the kids in the interviews. Ok I'm done ranting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY JESSICA PLEASE TELL LACEY THAT JAX IS IN MY PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS EVERY SINGLE DAY.....HE IS FAMOUS IN CALIFORNIA AND ALSO IN ALASKA....AS MY BROTHER IS ALSO PRAYING FOR HIM.....XXOO

    ReplyDelete