This morning I took J up to the Children with special health care needs building. We are now frequent visitors up there. So much stuff to rule out or except as a disability. I really like all the medical people that we have met with. It is a great place and I highly recommend it to other families who may have a child with special needs. Jonah was SO well behaved! He went and played with our friend Terry (who is a PT, not his though) She did an assessment on Jonah, one that he gets through PCMC and early intervention (DDI) So I ws not at all surprised at the results he had gotten. Same ole same ole. he is about developmentally at the age of 15 months, like I said no big surprise. We met with a Dr that I have been really anxious to meet with. Dr Winters. I have heard about her, both good and not terrible, but I thought (wishful thinking) she would hold the answers to fixing Jonah developmentally...no such luck...darn! She was very nice and super intelligent. She spoke to me and not over me. She observed, bonded and held Jonah. I thought for sure this is the DR for him! then I learned she no longer has a private practice and works solely for the place we were at...bummer! Any who it was a great appointment and Jonah will go back in 6 months for another eval.
I got 2 letters from other specialists that we have seen most recently. The words they write on paper, the truth about your child, it hurts. kind of put me in a bummer mood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm with you on that bummer mood! but we'll pick ourselves up and move on right?!
ReplyDeleteto answer your question, I think she was with the foster mom because they are still doing paperwork to put her with the women they chose. The one that supposidly has some license to take neuro kids. If only they knew that Jax is way more complex than this baby is, and it doesn't take a license to have him!
Ughh... one of those days. I hear you. I think that it never helps to get those nice letters in the mail. I hope tomorrow is better. And go get some chocolate. Really... go get some... right now!!!
ReplyDeleteSHUT UP....GET OUT OF THAT BUMMER MOOD RIGHT NOW....AND I MEAN IT....DO YOU WANT A SPANKIN?????
ReplyDeleteTHE MINUTE YOU FEEL A BUMMER ATTACK APPROACHING EAT A PIECE OF CHOCOLATE...CARRY IT WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES......
THE ONE PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD THAT KNOWS YOUR BABY BOY THE BEST IS...........YOU....
LOVE, GRAMMY XXOO
THE EXPERTS MUST TELL IT LIKE IT "REALLY IS".....THE WAY IT REALLY IS CAN BE SEEN IN THE PROGRESS THAT YOU HAVE MADE WITH JONAH MAN.......YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED THE GUIDANCE FROM THE MEDICAL WORLD.....FOR MANY REASONS.....BUT YOU ARE JONAH'S GUIDANCE....AND YOU WEAR IT WELL...I LOVE YOU....YOU DESERVE A MASSAGE AND A PEDICURE.....XXOO GRAMMY
ReplyDelete