Today was FUN Clinic day. Jonah and I were running behind due to the snow this morning. I hate being late! When we arived I ripped Jonah from his car seat and I ran down the parking garage with a bag of oxygen on my shoulder, a walker in my hand and Jonahs new helmet hitting me in the face as I tryed not to drop Jonah during my what seemed to be a new olympic event...making it to his appointment on time. A couple people asked if they could help me, and yes I would have loved there help, but they didn't look like olympic runners, so I offered a Thanks, but no thanks, and sprinted down the hospital hall to our destination.
And for what? We were the first appointment, and still ended up waiting 15 min before being called back. Oh the joys, of being me.
So once in Jonah was weighed and weighed in at 23 lbs even. Not good. He has lost some weight which I had already suspected due to the way his cloth diapers were so nicely fitting. BUT...and it's a big Butt (not mine mind you) Jonah is Still on the chart for weight!( he was in the 5%) So now his head has made the chart at 3% and his weight at 3% Heighth? Well that's another story. However the dr did bring up the possibility of Jonah receiving growth hormones, and I'm not sure where I sit on the fence with that. I need to get better educated but as for now i'm thinking no way. Who knows, I may change my mind. We have a while until a decission needs to be made.
Feeds: As of a few hours ago Jonah was being tube fed infant formula at 2 years old. Wierd I know, but reminder Jonah is a steroid kiddo and was extreamly overweight because of them, so we kept him on infant formula so that he would "maintain" weight. The diatition wants to start giving Jonah pediasure because he is now loosing weight, and she would like for him to "maintain" his previous weight. So the fun begins. We will now start to weigh him every month and play it all by ear. I have high hopes that Jonah will start to eat more and more, and we will be able to kiss feeding tubes & pumps away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

There seems like there's always something making me late up there. Maybe the fact that there's one main road to the hospital, so when there's an accident your pretty much screwed. Yep that was my Wednsday! Good ole pediasure, got to love it!
ReplyDelete